Jon & Kate Plus 8 Week Two: "It's Kind of Sad"


Talk about hitting the nail on the head from the get-go!

Jon & Kate Plus 8 spectators talk much about how mom/wife Kate Gosselin might be letting fame get to her head. And that her desire to be in the spotlight and her husband's lack of desire for fame is one (just one) reason they're going through a rocky period. That's what they say.

So, it came as a bit of a surprise when Kate opened tonight's episode ("Kate's Birthday Surprise") addressing exactly that...

"My kids are the reason I have always done everything. My kids are the reason I laid on bed rest for 30 entire weeks. My kids are the reason that I wrote the books," she said in the first couch interview of the night, "and it's always about them. And, I know that it looks it's all about me all the time and whatever, but what you don't see is down deep inside it's a desperate desire to provide for my kids."

While Kate's book career is thriving, Jon's holding down the fort at home. But, does he sound comfortable in this role? He said, "So, now I'm like the stay-at-home dad thing and Kate's the career woman, so it's different for me. I think it's different for a guy. We're not moms, nor do we try to be."

He didn't sound like a happy camper to us, but when does he ever? Adding to the sadness was Kate talking about celebrating her birthday without her husband. "It was a little depressing, I guess," she said. "Jon's away, so it's kind of sad."

Kind of sad, indeed.

In the episode that followed ("Sun, Seashells and Scrapes"), Jon revealed that we'll be seeing a lot more of him and Kate sitting separately on that infamous couch of theirs for the interview segments of the show due to "busy schedules."

Dare we say it so soon? This train-wreck is actually starting to bum us out.

Vote in our new Jon & Kate poll below and then hit the comments with your opinions on this episode

0 comments:

Post a Comment