Fakhir is no doubt the sizzling latest pop sensation of


Fakhir is no doubt the sizzling latest pop sensation of Pakistan. With the debut solo album Aatish a massive hit, he is on a high. These days the Dilruba guy is busy working on his new album besides doing innumerable concerts and world tours.

Tell us about your career?
I started my careers in early 90’s in Awaz, where I remained for more than seven years. I used to compose and arrange the songs. Then I left Awaz and started my own work. In 2000, I came up with my first solo track, Dil Na Lage. In Awaz days too, I sang a couple of songs like Jane Kon THi Haseena, Dhund and Ae Jawan. After the success of my first song, I came with the my first album Aatish..

Why you left Awaz?
I was always a singer, the person who doesn’t sing much can’t be said that he can’t sing at all. But I was mainly a composer and arranger there. Then I decided to churn out my own music and I left Awaz.

Tell us about your first album Aatish?
The album is all pop, but it has got its ethnic roots, it is really very melodic, sweet and earthy. Though I have used western instruments but the treatment is all earthy and the end result is really very fresh music that is coming out. In total there are 10 songs in which some of the tracks are upbeat while all of them are melody oriented.

What made you go on to make Aatish?
Dil Na Lage was my first song that instantly got fame and was termed as the best song of 2000. This gave me courage to experiment and work on original themes. Kabhi Kabhi Pyar Mein and Dil Ruba and that took people by storm. Finally all these songs gave me courage to work on my original goal and I came with a completely different album.

How you feel after the success of Aatish?
With Aatish in the market, I am satisfied with my solo career. I am enjoying the same that I used to enjoy while been in Awaz. As up till and until your creativity process doesn’t stop, you keep on enjoying.

If we ask you to dedicate this album to someone, to whom you would like to dedicate?
Aatish is my first love. I have put my heart, faith and all the energies I have. It’s the cull of my life. I would like to dedicate this album to those who love to live and live to love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment