Face Off with Adnan Siddiqui


Actors bring to mind a degenerate breed, who can do anything that shock you. Because everything about their lifestyle is meant to be shocking, so you kind of get blasé and immunized about it all.But meeting Adnan Siddiqui is like a collapse of all these illusions and preconceived notions about actors as hangin-loose dudes all about wine and women. I was completely thrown off-guard when Adnan took off on a completely different tangent from what actors were supposed to (in my limited knowledge) and revealed his true side to me.

Who is Adnan Siddiqui?

Adnan Siddiqui is somebody who owes his life to a lot of people-people who have taken him from zero to hero! It could be Ghazanfar Ali, Shahzad Nawaz or Fifi Haroon. These were all the people who made me what I am today. I am not just a name but somebody's creation and I take great pride in honoring them for if it hadn't been for them, there would have been no me too.

How many years have you been in this field?

Long time, I should say! I came in '89 so it has been sixteen years that since I am and I suppose I have earned a lot too! A lot of fame and fortune and I feel that God has really been kind to me. I have been bestowed with a lot. I have been successful in whatever I have done, be it be acting, modeling or styling.

Doesn't this make you the jack-of-all-trades as well as the master of all?

Oh.. My God! Now you are certainly using big words for me. I am not a master of all. I am just Adnan, a model turned actor and finally a hair stylist!

A hair stylist with a difference?

A hair stylist who is determined to make a difference in the society, provide the world with new perspective, and who is motivated to strike the right balance between his hundred worlds.

How many dramas have you done so far? Must be in the zillions?

Quite a few. I did Uroosa the a long play by Anwar Maqsood, I did Pal do Pal with Nadia Khan and Nadaan Nadia with Babra Sharif, Mehndi - All big banner serials, And I had a lot of fun doing them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment